Check Out These Winter Weather Driving Tips Before Your Snowy Trek
While the snow is surely festive, it can also cause the most hazardous driving conditions of the year. Fortunately, there are measures you can take to decrease your likelihood of danger when driving on snowy roads.
Here are some winter weather driving tips to keep in mind:
- Ensure that your vehicle is in top condition before driving in winter weather – inspecting the tires, brakes, and windshield wipers.
- Similarly, prepare yourself for the inevitable icy windshields and snowy banks you will encounter by keeping an ice scraper and shovel in your trunk.
- Always drive slowly on snowy and icy roads, and when you change speeds, be sure to either accelerate or decelerate gradually.
- Increase the distance between your vehicle and other vehicles around you.
- Turn your headlights on, even if it’s still daytime, to improve visibility.
- Does your car use all-wheel drive, front-wheel drive, or another system? Consult your owner’s manual and figure out how to use what you have.
- Avoid going up hills if possible, by planning alternate routes. Familiarity with the area around you will allow you to improvise.
For more winter driving safety information, or to test drive an all-wheel drive vehicle perfect for the season, contact us or visit us any time at Haddad Nissan.