Now that fall is finally here, it’s a good time to freshen up on how to drive when the harsh winter weather strikes. Driving on snow- and ice-covered roads are no laughing matter and can easily lead to an accident if you don’t know what you’re doing. Here are a few tips for driving in the snow.
- Prepare – It never hurts to prepare for the worst. Pack your car to ensure that you have everything you need if you break down on the side of the road. Bring plenty of food, water, blankets, extra clothes, and cat litter, just in case you get stuck in the snow. Make sure you have at least a quarter of a tank of gas as well.
- Cruise Control – If your car comes equipped with cruise control, winter is not the time to start using it. Using cruise control on a slippery surface can lead to a decreased reaction time or fishtailing all over the road. The end result can be disastrous to say the least.
- Slow Down – Telling drivers to slow down is something everything says but few actually do. Accelerating, stopping, and slowing down all take longer on slippery roadways. Give yourself plenty of time to maneuver your vehicle by slowing down.
Another option that will help with driving in the snow is winter tires. Make a service appointment today, and get some extra traction for the snow!
In your search for a new car, have you considered buying pre-owned? At Haddad Nissan here in Pittsfield, Massachusetts, we have an extensive inventory of Certified Pre-Owned Vehicles that are just like new, only without that new car smell. Buying pre-owned can seem like risky business, but we are here to assure you that a pre-owned vehicle may be an option better suited for you. Let’s take a look at some of the significant benefits that come with buying a Certified Pre-Owned from Haddad Nissan:
When you look past the allure of having a brand new car, you will realize that buying pre-owned is a definite option to be considered. A lot of money can be saved if you are willing to give up the flawless upholstery and single digit mileage that comes with a new car. According to Edmunds.com, in a 6 year period (average car ownership period), buying a pre-owned vehicle results in the smallest total out-of-pocket cost when compared to both leasing and buying new. This is an ideal option for many, and purchasing from Haddad Nissan assures that you are purchasing a high quality vehicle. Also relating to price, a pre-owned vehicle depreciates in value at a much slower rate than a new vehicle. New vehicles depreciate in value very quickly upon purchasing, whereas used cars have a slower rate of depreciation since they have already passed their “new car phase.”
Nissan Certified Pre-Owned Vehicles
One concern for many people is that a pre-owned vehicle may be in poor condition, which would mean significant money would need to be spent on servicing the vehicle. At Haddad Nissan in Pittsfield, this is not an issue, as each vehicle must pass through an intense inspection process before they can be sold as a Nissan Certified Pre-Owned. Some of the benefits of purchasing a Nissan Certified Pre-owned include:
- 7-year/100,000-mile Warranty
- 24-hour Emergency Roadside Assistance
- Car Rental Reimbursement and Towing Benefit
- 167-Point Inspection
- Genuine Nissan parts
- CARFAX® Vehicle History Report™
- Optional Security+Plus® Extended Protection Plan
- SiriusXM Satellite Radio with 3-month trial subscription
One of the most notable aspects of the Nissan Certified process is the 167-Point inspection. This intensive vehicle inspection process will put to rest any worries you may have about the quality of the pre-owned vehicle you are thinking of purchasing. Alongside this, the CARFAX® Vehicle History Report™ acts as a resource for you to ensure that you aren’t purchasing a vehicle with expensive hidden problems. The Nissan Certified standards allow our customers to shop confidently.
Dealer vs. Private Seller
There are numerous benefits to buying used from a dealership instead of a private seller. By choosing a dealership instead, you are giving up a casual atmosphere for an experience that is more beneficial to you as well as practical. By choosing a dealership, you are subject to specialized financing options, service promotions, a larger vehicle selection, and reassurance that you are purchasing a top quality pre-owned vehicle. Buying a lemon will leave a sour taste in anyone’s mouth, but at Haddad Nissan, we guarantee that our Certified Pre-Owned vehicles will exceed your expectation of quality and be priced very reasonably. It is also worth mentioning that many lending companies will not finance a car from a private seller, which could prove to be a major issue for some. Why subject yourself to a time consuming and risky process by buying from a private seller when we’re right here in Pittsfield, Massachusetts waiting to get you into the pre-owned vehicle of your dreams.
It may still be early in October but Halloween will be here before you know it which means it’s time for a refresh on trick-or-treat safety tips. Trick-or-treat night can be one of the most enjoyable nights of the year for kids, but it could easily end in an accident if you don’t take precautions. Here are a few trick-or-treat safety tips.
- Supervise – If your kids are younger than 13, they need to be supervised. Kids from around town are likely to be dropped off in your neighborhood and the last thing any parent wants is a missing child. Keep an eye on your children at all times. Those older than 13 should stay in well-lit areas that they’re familiar with.
- Visibility – Go the extra mile to keep track of your child by making them more visible. While unique costumes can work, attaching a glow stick to any costume is likely a cheaper solution. As a result, it will be easier to spot your child in a crowd.
- Driving – There’s no doubt in any driver’s mind that trick-or-treat night means streets full of children. That’s why drivers should avoid getting distracted behind the wheel and make sure they keep their lights on at all times. Slow down to avoid any wandering children!